Small wins are the sparks that ignite the brightest fire!
Two years back when I started, I did not know how this path would unfold for me. I didn’t even know how I was going to make it to where I am today, and as to where I wish to be. In all honesty, I was a little hard on myself in the initial months (I still am sometimes), and there were times I felt discouraged and felt my progress was very slow.
Nevertheless, thanks to the people around me who congratulated me on my small wins always and trusted me on this journey. I remember telling them that it is not a big deal and that I would only feel great about it all when something bigger happened.
However, no matter what I said, their wishes always made me happy inside and if I would allow myself the satisfaction, sometimes it would turn into a celebration.
As humans, we tend to generalise our wins and magnify our failures. However, if we can learn to trick our brains to see events differently, it can help us in building a growth mindset.
Every individual dreams of becoming successful in their respective lives. Unfortunately, it does not happen overnight. One needs to work hard towards their goals on a daily basis by setting effective small goals that move them forward. However, celebrating these small achievements can make the journey more exciting and the destination more rewarding. For example, in this case small wins could be being consistent at the gym for a week, or getting your first lead.
Celebrating my big small wins have helped me a lot in my journey. This is how:
- IT REIGNITES MY PASSION: Celebrating some wins reassures me that I am on the right track and it strengthens my resolve behind it all.
- HELPS BUILD BETTER PSYCHOLOGICAL RESILIENCE: I can manage to remain calm during crises/chaos because I have strengthened my beliefs that it will all work out.
- PROVIDES ME CLARITY: Yes, celebrating small wins does that to us. Where we tend to go wrong is when we look at bigger milestones as big achievements and neglect the ones that actually led us there. When we start appreciating small victories, we eventually start realizing that we are reaching closer to our goals, which helps us stay more focussed. For me, even ticking off 80% of my to-do list is a big small win currently.
- HELPS ME REFLECT AND REST: Celebrating my small wins, have helped me pause and stay in the moment, just connect to myself and rest. We can only rest and feel connected when we can reflect on our journey and aim to get better.
- HELPS ME PRACTICE MORE SELF LOVE: Celebration means appreciation, and when I appreciate my own small wins, I become more compassionate and loving to myself.
I truly believe that celebrating small wins can inculcate a culture of self-worth in every individual and that these small wins together conspire with the universe to help us achieve our life goals.
So, make it a point to intentionally schedule a introspection session to review your work and identify all your small wins. And then, feel the win, to generate more confidence and enthusiasm for your progress. 🙂
Today, I want to share my very BIG small win; I have launched my website and have successfully expanded my team. I could not have been more proud of myself and ever more grateful to you all.